NHL News and Notes from Friday, February 5th, 2021
- Boston Bruins v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7p ET
- In Philadelphia, these two teams resume a long rivalry. In the first period, there were no goals scored. However there would be a large amount of penalties doled out between Boston and Philadelphia. In the second period, there would also be no goals scored but instead of being a penalty filled period, only three penalties would be doled out. In the third period, James van Riemsdyk scores his sixth goal of a season on the Philadelphia power play, just 27 seconds in the period. Boston would tie the game with a Brad Marchand goal, his seventh of the season at 12:01. Just 27 seconds later, Sean Kuraly would give the Bruins the 2-1 lead with his second goal of the season. The Boston Bruins would go on to down the Philadelphia Flyers with the 2-1 win.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa, Detroit gets the 1-0 lead with a Vladislav Namestnikov goal, his second of the season. Pat Maroon would tie the game for Tampa with his first goal of the season. In the second period, Tampa takes the 2-1 lead with a Barclay Goodrow goal, his first of the season. In the third period, Goodrow gets an empty net goal giving the Tampa Bay Lightning the 3-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings.
- Nashville Predators v. Florida Panthers – 7p ET
- In Florida, the Predators and Panthers meet-up for second time in two days. In the first period, Nashville takes the 1-0 lead with a Colton Sissons goal, his second of the season. In the second period, Aleksander Barkov ties the game with his fourth goal of the season. Florida takes the 2-1 lead and victory with a Carter Verhaeghe goal, his sixth of the season.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In Las Vegas, the Golden Knights hit the ice for their first game in 10 days as they take on the Los Angeles Kings. In the first period, Nicolas Hague scores 50 seconds into the contest to give Vegas the 1-0 lead. Vegas gets the 2-0 lead when Mark Stone gets his third goal of the season. The Golden Knights take the commanding 3-0 lead with a Jonathan Marchessault goal, his second on the season. In the second period, William Karlsson gives Vegas the 4-0 lead. The lead grows to 5-0 after a Cody Glass power play goal. In the third period, the Kings get on the board when Austin Wagner scores his first goal of the season. Dustin Brown will score a PPG, but the Golden Knights still lead 5-2. Vegas goes on to defeat the Kings by the score of 5-2.
- San Jose Sharks v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim, the San Jose Sharks face off against the Ducks in the Sharks first game since January 28th. In the first period, the Sharks take the 1-0 lead with a Matt Nieto goal. In the second period, the Ducks tie the game with a Adam Henrique goal. Anaheim takes the 2-1 lead with Troy Terry’s first goal of the season. Max Comtois gives the Ducks a 3-1 lead with his fourth goal of the season. As the contest moves to the third period, Logan Couture scores his fourth goal of the season 39 seconds in to bring the Sharks within a goal. San Jose goes on to tie the contest when Evander Kane scores a PPG. Brent Burns scores his fourth goal of the season to once again give the Sharks the lead but Max Comtois will score again, tying the contest at 4-4. In the overtime frame, no goals were scored and the contest went to a shootout. The Sharks win 5-4 in the shootout, getting the game winner in the third round.
- NYR v. NJD – Postponed
- MTL v. OTT – 1p ET
- COL v. STL – Postponed
- ARI v. MIN – Postponed
- ARIv. STL – 3p ET
- PIT v. NYI – 7p ET
- VAN v. TOR – 7p ET
- BUF v. BOS – Postponed
- SJ v. ANA – 10p ET
- EDM v. CGY – 10p ET