NHL News and Notes from Friday, January 29th, 2021
- The NHL has announced the the Feb. 1st and 3rd games between the Vegas Golden Knights and San Jose Sharks have been postponed due to COVID Protocols.
- The Knights currently have four players and three coaches in isolation in connection with the League’s COVID Protocol.
- The games will be rescheduled to take place in San Jose at a later time.
- Games were previously to be played in Arizona and restrictions in California due to the pandemic.
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has announced that forward Kevin Fiala has been suspended for three games for Boarding Los Angeles King defenseman Matt Roy on Thursday night.
- Fiala was originally assessed a major and game misconduct for the Boarding play during the second period.
- Per the terms of the CBA, Fiala will forfeit $77,586.21.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Chicago Blackhawks – 8p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks and Columbus Blue Jackets do battle, and in the first period Oliver Bjorkstrand would strike for the Jackets to take the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Eric Robinson would help grow that lead to two with his second of the season. Chicago comes within a goal when Dylan Strome scores his third goal of the season. With no goals scored in the third period, the Columbus Blue Jackets go on to win the contest 2-1.
- NJ v. BUF – 1p ET
- PIT v. NYR – 7p ET
- NYI v. PHI – 7p ET
- BOS v. WAS – 7p ET
- DAL v. CAR – 7p ET
- NAS v. TB – 7p ET
- FLA v. DET – 7p ET
- CAL v. MON – 7p ET
- TOR v. EDM – 7p ET
- COL v. MIN – 8p ET
- STL v. ANA – 9p ET
- VAN v. WIN – 10p ET