NHL News and Notes from Saturday, September 26th, 2020
- The Detroit Red Wings announced that they have signed forward Sam Gagner to a one year deal for the 2020-21 season.
- Gagner came to Detroit on February 12th in a deal that involved Andreas Athanasiou to Edmonton.
- The Ottawa Senators officially announced that they have bought out the final two years of Bobby Ryan’s contract making him an unrestricted free agent.
- The New York Rangers and Detroit Red Wings made a trade.
- The Red Wings acquired defenseman Marc Staal and a 2nd Round Pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.
- The Rangers acquired Future Considerations.
- Dallas Stars v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 8p ET Start Time
- Heading into Game 5 the Lightning look to finish things off as they look to defeat the Stars to win their second Stanley Cup in Franchise history. In the first period after a almost 18 minutes of non-stop action it would be the Stars striking first as Corey Perry would score to give Dallas the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Ondrej Palat would undress the Dallas defense to tie the game at one for Tampa. In the third period Mikhail Sergachev would blast a bomb from the point for a 2-1 Tampa lead, but less than ten minutes later Joe Pavelski would tally to tie the game at two and send Game 5 to overtime. After a scoreless first overtime period Perry would score halfway through the second OT frame to give the Stars the 3-2 victory and force Game 6 on Monday.
- Kassie’s TXHT Recap – Perry’s Double OT Winner Forces Game 6