NHL News and Notes from Friday, September 25th, 2020
- The Montreal Canadiens announced that they have re-signed defenseman Jeff Petry to a four year deal.
- Petry’s new deal comes with a 15 Team No Trade Clause, and a Full No Movement Clause.
- The four year deal is worth $25 million, with an AAV of $6.25 million.
- It was reported that Bobby Ryan has been placed on waivers with the purpose of a buyout by the Ottawa Senators.
- Ryan had two more years left on his contract that would have paid him $7.5 million per season with a cap hit of $7.25 million.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs announced that they have hired Paul MacLean as an assistant coach for Sheldon Keefe’s coaching staff.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Dallas Stars – 8p ET Start Time
- Heading into Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final the Stars look to even the series back up at two while the Lightning hope to grow their series lead to two. In the first period at 7:17 the Stars would strike first as John Klingberg would score on Dallas’ first shot of the game for the 1-0 lead. Then late in the first Joe Pavelski would score his 11th of the playoffs to give Dallas the two goal lead, but Brayden Point would score with 33 seconds left to cut Tampa’s deficit back to one. In the second period Point would net his second of the game while on the powerplay to tie the game at two, but Corey Perry would score to retake the lead for the Stars. Then with 66 seconds left in the second Yanni Gourde would score on the powerplay to tie the game at three. Then in the third period Alex Killorn would score to give Tampa the lead, but Pavelski would score his second of the game to tie the game at four and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Kevin Shattenkirk would score while on the powerplay to give Tampa the 5-4 victory and the 3-1 series lead.
- Kassie’s TXHT Recap – Shattenkirk’s OT Winner Give Tampa 3-1 Lead
- 8p ET* – Dallas v. Tampa Bay