NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020
- The Ottawa Senators have informed goaltender Craig Anderson that they will not be re-signing him for the 2020-21 season.
- The Black Girl Hockey Club has announced the “Get Uncomfortable” Campaign to disrupt racism both on and off the ice to make Hockey truly for Everyone.
- Per the BGHC website, “The Get Uncomfortable Campaign is developing a comprehensive set of recommendations on how all entities involved in hockey, at all levels, can meaningfully contribute to the movement against discrimination and oppression of BIPOC communities in society.”
- To read more on the Get Uncomfortable Campaign click here.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Dallas Stars – 8p ET Start Time
- Heading into Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final the Lightning and Stars look to break the 1-1 ties and take the series lead, and with the return of captain Steven Stamkos many feel the edge goes to Tampa. In the first period Nikita Kucherov would score to take the 1-0 lead, but then Stamkos would score a goal scorers goal to give the Lightning the two goal lead. However, Jason Dickinson would score while shorthanded to bring the Stars back within one. Then in the second period Victor Hedman would score on the powerplay to retake the two goal lead for Tampa, and then Brayden Point would tally to take a 4-1 lead. Then with 65 seconds left in the period Ondrej Palat would give Tampa the four goal lead. In the third period Dickinson would strike again for Dallas, but it would be for naught as the Lightning would hold on to win 5-2 to take the 2-1 series lead.
- Kassie’s TXHT Recap – Stamkos Returns, Route Stars to Take Game 3