NHL News and Notes from Friday, September 18th, 2020
- The Ottawa Senators announced that they will be changing their logo back to their original look.
- With a minor retouch the Senators return to their roots as they reveal that they will be using their inaugural logo from the early 1990’s as their new primary logo.
- On October 6th the Senators will unveil their new uniforms for the 2020-21 season.
- The Minnesota Wild announced that they will not be re-signing captain Mikko Koivu for the 2020-21 season.
- Koivu was named the franchise’s first ever full time captain in October of 2009, and wore the “C” for the past 11 seasons.
- Koivu also holds several franchise records as he is first in Games Played (1,028), Assists (504), Points (709), Plus/Minus (+70), Shots (2,270), PPP (251), PPA (191), SHP (25), Multi-Point Games (153), Faceoffs (19,290), Faceoffs Won (10,354), and Faceoff % (53.7%).
- The Washington Capitals re-signed forward Daniel Sprong to a two year deal.
- The signing comes a day after forward Brian Pinho was also re-signed by the Capitals to a two year deal.
- As reported by Darren Dreger of TSN, contract talks between the St. Louis Blues and defenseman Alex Pietrangelo have broken down.
- The Blues have advised Pietrangelo, their captain, to pursue unrestricted free agency.
- 730p ET – Dallas v. Tampa Bay – Preview