NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, September 15th, 2020
- The Washington Capitals hire Peter Laviolette as their new head coach.
- The Arizona Coyotes announce they have signed goaltender Adin Hill to a one year, one way contract.
- The Minnesota Wild have re-signed defenseman Jonas Brodin to a seven year contract extension.
- Per Pierre LeBrun, Brodin’s contract features a full no move clause for the first 4 years of the deal, and then will have no clause for the remaining three years.
- New York Islanders v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 8p ET Start Time*
- Going into Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals the Lightning would look to advance to face the Dallas Stars in the Stanley Cup Final, but the Islanders look to stay alive and force a Game 6. In the first forty minutes of the game it would be the defenseman picking up the scoring for their teams as Ryan Pulock would score on the powerplay in the first period for the Islanders, and Victor Hedman would score early in the second to tie the game at one and send the game to overtime. After a scoreless third period and first overtime period, Jordan Eberle would score in double overtime to keep the Islanders alive with the 2-1 victory and force Game 6.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Eberle’s Double OT Tally Extends Series