NHL News and Notes from Monday, September 14th, 2020
- The Calgary Flames announced that they have made Geoff Ward head coach.
- Ward became interim head coach on November 29th, 2019, and lead the Flames to a 25-15-3 record.
- Ward signed a 2 year deal per Pierre Lebrun of The Athletic.
- Ward becomes the 20th head coach in Flames franchise history.
- The NHL announced their weekly COVID-19 update.
- After completing their seventh week of Phase 4, the NHL has no new positive test results.
- 1,357 tests were administered to the Clubs’ 52 member travelling parties from September 6th through 12th.
- Dallas Stars v. Vegas Golden Knights – 8p ET Start Time
- Heading into Game 5 the Golden Knights look to stay alive while the Stars look to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. In the first period Chandler Stephenson would spring loose to score and give the Knights the 1-0 lead. After a scoreless second period Reilly Smith would score 15 seconds into the third, but goals from Jamie Benn and Joel Kiviranta (PPG) would tie the game at two for the Stars and send the game to overtime. Then in overtime Denis Gurianov would score on the powerplay to give the Stars the 3-2 victory and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Russell’s TXHT Recap – Stars Overcome Two Goal Deficit to Advance
- 8p ET – NY Islanders v. Tampa Bay