NHL News and Notes from Monday, September 7th, 2020
- The NHL announced that during the week of August 30th through September 5th that 2,534 tests were administered with zero positive cases.
- Bobby Ryan of the Ottawa Senators was announced as the recipient of the 2020 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy.
- Ryan entered the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program in November 2019, and returned to the Senators in February 2020.
- Ryan tallied a hat trick in his first game back with the Senators at home in an emotional game.
- New York Islanders v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 8p ET
- In Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, the Lightning and Islanders look to take the early series lead. In this game the Lightning would strike and strike often as Brayden Point would set the pace 74 seconds into the game to open the scoring. Jordan Eberle would tie the game at one while on the powerplay, but a powerplay tally from Victor Hedman, and another tally from Ryan McDonagh would give Tampa the 3-1 lead. In the second period Yanni Gourde would score, and Point would tally his second of the game while on the powerplay to grow their lead to four. Then in the third period Nick Leddy would score for the Islanders, but goals from Nikita Kucherov, Ondrej Palat, and Gourde’s second of the game while on the powerplay would give Tampa the dominant 8-2 victory to take Game 1.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – Lightning Route Islanders to Take Game 1
- 8p ET – Dallas v. Vegas