NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, September 1st, 2020
- The Pittsburgh Penguins announced that forward Sidney Crosby has undergone successful arthroscopic wrist surgery.
- Crosby should be fully recovered in 3-4 weeks.
- The Los Angeles Kings announced that they have re-signed forward Austin Wagner.
- Wagner’s new deal with the Kings is a three year deal with an AAV of $1.133mil.
- New York Islanders v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7p ET Start Time
- In Toronto the Islanders look to close out the Flyers, but the Flyers hope to keep their playoffs going a little longer. After a scoreless first period Josh Bailey would strike 80 seconds into the second period while on the powerplay to give the Islanders the 1-0 lead. However, the Flyers would respond as Claude Giroux and James van Riemsdyk would both net their first goals of the playoffs to give Philadelphia the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Matt Niskanen would score to give the Flyers the 3-1 lead, but the Islanders would stay alive as Brock Nelson would score his sixth of the playoffs to bring New York back within one and then Derick Brassard would score to tie the game at three and send the game to overtime. Then in the extra frame Scott Laughton would deflect a point shot to give the Flyers the 4-3 victory and force a Game 6.
- Aryan’s TXHT Recap – Flyers Win it in OT to See Another Day
- Vancouver Canucks v. Vegas Golden Knights – 945p ET Start Time
- Out west the Canucks look to follow in the Flyers footsteps and stave off elimination against the Golden Knights. After a scoreless opening twenty minutes the Golden Knights would open the scoring with Shea Theodore’s fifth of the postseason, but 24 seconds later Brock Boeser would tie the game for the Canucks. Then early in the third period Elias Pettersson would score to give the Canucks the 2-1 victory and force a Game 6 against Vegas.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – Demko’s 42 Saves Keeps Canucks Alive
- 8p ET – Dallas v. Colorado