NHL News and Notes from Sunday, August 30th, 2020
Black Lives Matter Card – https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- Dallas Stars v. Colorado Avalanche – 6p ET Start Time
- Out west the Stars look to shine bright against the Avalanche who look to even the series at two. In the first period the Stars would bring it to Colorado as John Klingberg, Radek Faksa (PPG), and Jamie Benn (PPG) all would score to give Dallas the commanding 3-0 lead. In the second period the Avalanche would strike as Valeri Nichushkin would net his first of the playoffs to get them back within two, and then Cale Makar would score on the powerplay with 26 seconds left in the second to bring the Avalanche back within one. However, when the third period came around Roope Hintz (PPG) and Denis Gurianov would get the Stars their three goal lead back, but Nichushkin’s second of the game and Vladislav Namestnikov would score with four seconds left in the game would keep Colorado in the game, but it would not be enough as Dallas would hold on to win 5-4 to take the 3-1 series lead.
- Kassie’s TXHT Recap and Game 5 Preview – Stars Hold of Avalanche to Take 3-1 Lead
- Philadelphia Flyers v. New York Islanders – 8p ET Start Time
- Out in Toronto Oskar Lindblom would take pregame warmups with the Flyers as they look to even their series with the Islanders. After a scoreless first period Brock Nelson would open the scoring for the Islanders, but later in the period Sean Couturier would tie the game back at one. Then in the third period Jean-Gabriel Pageau would score for the Islanders to take the 2-1 lead. Ivan Provorov would score for the Flyers, but Nelson’s second of the game would prove to be the game winner as the Islanders get the 3-2 victory for the 3-1 series lead.
- Russell’s TXHT Recap – Isles One Win Away
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Vancouver Canucks
- Back out west the Golden Knights and Canucks faceoff in Game 4 of their Second Round series. In the first period Max Pacioretty would strike on the powerplay to give the Knights the 1-0 lead, but almost two minutes later Elias Pettersson would score a powerplay goal for the Canucks to tie the game at one. However, Chandler Stephenson would net his second of the playoffs to retake the one goal lead for the Knights. Then in the second period Bo Horvat and Tyler Toffoli (PPG) would score to give the Canucks the 3-2 lead. However, in the third period the Knights would erupt for three goals as Pacioretty would net his second of the game while Nate Schmidt and William Karlsson would both score to give Vegas the 5-3 victory and the 3-1 series lead.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – 3 Goal Third Give Knights 3-1 Lead
- 7p ET – Boston v. Tampa Bay
- 945p ET – Colorado v. Dallas