NHL News and Notes from Saturday, August 22nd, 2020
- The Montreal Canadiens announced that forward Brendan Gallagher had successful surgery on his jaw in Toronto and is returning to BC.
- The Canadiens also noted that Gallagher also suffered a hip tear during the Qualifying Round against Pittsburgh.
- Dallas Stars v. Colorado Avalanche – 8p EST Start Time
- We head out west to kick off the second round as the Stars and Avalanche look to get the 1-0 series lead to keep their winning ways continuing. In the first period Tyler Seguin would strike first for the Stars for the 1-0 lead, but Nathan MacKinnon would strike 64 seconds later to tie the game at one. However, the Stars would strike twice more as Blake Comeau and Alexander Radulov would score to take the 3-1 lead. Then in the second period Gabriel Landeskog would score to get the Avalnche back within one, but Radulov would net his second of the game to retake the two goal lead. However, late in the second, MacKinnon would net his second of the game to bring Colorado back within one again. Then in the third period Roope Hintz would score to seal the deal for the Stars as they would take Game 1 5-3.
- Kassie’s TXHT Recap – Stars Outshine Avs to Take Game 1
- 8p ET – Boston v. Tampa Bay
- 1030p ET – Vancouver v. Vegas