Today the National Hockey League announced the regular season winners for the 2019-20 season.
- The Boston Bruins took home the President’s Trophy after finishing the 2019-20 season with the League’s best regular season record.
- The Bruins would play 70 games and go 44-14-12 for 100 points to take the top spot in the NHL.
- The Bruins would also take home the William M. Jennings Trophy as goaltenders Tuuka Rask and Jaroslav Halak would combine for an NHL high eight shutouts, and a League best .921 team save percentage.
Co-Winners for the Rocket
- David Pastrnak of the Bruins, and Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals are the co-winners of the Maurice “The Rocket” Richard Trophy as both players would record 48 goals in 70 and 68 games respectively.
- The honor is Pastrnak’s first, and ninth for Ovechkin
Draisaitl Secures Scoring Title
- Leon Draisaitl of the Edmonton Oilers captured his first career Art Ross Trophy as he would pace the NHL with 43 goals and 67 assists for 110 points.
- Draisaitl would power through the League with 33 multi-point games, and would find the scoresheet in 56 of the 71 games that he played in.
*Feature graphic courtesy of the NHL.
*Alex Ovechkin graphic courtesy of the Washington Capitals.