Today in the NWHL the signings continued as the Metropolitan Riveters signed their third round pick, the Connecticut Whale signed RMU’s captain, and Toronto signs the second player to come over from the SDHL.
Riveters Sign Third Round Pick
- The Metropolitan Riveters signed goaltender Tera Hofmann for the 2020-21 season.
- Hofmann, the third round pick for the Riveters, was a standout for Yale where she would record a 2.64 GAA in her four years there.
- Hofmann also in her Yale career posted a career .914 save percentage, and six shutouts.
Whale Sign RMU’s LaGue
- The Connecticut Whale have signed former RMU captain defender Maggie LaGue.
- LaGue, the Whale’s 22nd overall pick in the 2018 draft, holds the RMU records for assists (79) and points (92) by a defender.
- LaGue would average 22 points per season in ger four years at Robert Morris University.
Toronto Adds Offense
- Toronto has signed forward Brooke Boquist for the 2020-21 season.
- Boquist, who has spent the last two seasons in the SDHL, becomes the eighth playerto join the newest franchise in the NWHL.
- In 41 career games with Leksands IF (2019-20) and MODO Hockey (2018-19), Boquist would record 25 goals and 24 assists for 49 points.
TXHT will continue to provide NWHL coverage as more signings and news are announced.