NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, November 20th, 2019
- The NHL and NHLPA announced that Bobby Ryan of the Ottawa Senators will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from the team to take part in the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program.
- The Washington Capitals made four call ups and sent down one while also announcing that two players have been placed on injured reserve.
- Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts were released today.
- The St. Louis Blues have released Jamie McGinn from his professional tryout.
- The Blues would also announce that forward Sammy Blais will undergo surgery on his right wrist, and will be out a minimum of ten weeks.
- And lastly from the Blues, they would also announce that they have signed forward Troy Brouwer to a one year deal after being on a professional tryout.
- The NHL has suspended Washington Capitals forward Garnet Hathaway for three games for spitting towards Anaheim Ducks defenseman Erik Gudbranson.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have fired head coach Mike Babcock, and have named Sheldon Keefe head coach.
- Per Chris Johnston of Sportsnet, The Leafs will be retaining Babcock’s assistant coaches.
Ottawa Senators v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p EST Start Time
In Montreal the Canadiens would host the Ottawa Senators in a tightly contested matchup. After a scoreless first period Nick Suzuki would break the tie for the Canadiens on the powerplay, but Jean-Gabriel Pageau would net his 13th of the season to tie the game at one. Then after a scoreless third period it would be Brady Tkachuk scoring his eighth of the season to secure the 2-1 victory.
Washington Capitals v. New York Rangers – 8p EST Start Time
The Washington Capitals fall to the New York Rangers 4-1 in their Wednesday Night Hockey matchup. TXHT Recap
Support our friend’s Kickstarter campaign for Star Con today!