NHL News and Notes from Monday, November 11th, 2019
- The St. Louis Blues have signed forwards Troy Brouwer and Jamie McGinn to Professional Tryouts. Both players will only be allowed to practice with the team for 10 days, and will not be allowed to play in a regular season game while under the tryout.
- The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Tyler Lewington and forward Travis Boyd to Hershey of the AHL.
- Sportsnet has fired Don Cherry from Hockey Night in Canada.
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has announced that Columbus Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno has been suspended for three games for elbowing Colorado’s Pierre-Edouard Bellemare on Saturday, November 9th.
- Under the terms of the CBA, and based on his average annual salary, Foligno will forfeit $88,709.67.
Arizona Coyotes v. Washington Capitals – 7p EST Start Time
The Washington Capitals come back from a 3 goal deficit, but fall to the Arizona Coyotes in the shootout to end their 6 game winning streak. TXHT Recap
Ottawa Senators v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p EST Start Time
In Carolina the Hurricanes would unleash the storm on the Ottawa Senators. In the first period Warren Foegele and Martin Necas (PPG) to take the 2-0 lead. Then in the second period Sebastian Aho (SHG), Hayden Fleury, and Dougie Hamilton would score to make it 5-0, but before the second period could end Colin White would score for the Senators. Then in the third period Brady Tkachuk would score for the Senators, but the Hurricanes would get three more goals from Aho (second of the game), Ryan Dzingel, and Joel Edmundson to win the game 8-2.