These are your news and notes covering the NHL for Sunday, September 30th, 2018…
In NHL preseason action last night…
- Edmonton defeated Calgary 4-3
- Philadelphia defeated Boston 4-1
- Detroit defeated Toronto 5-1
- Tampa Bay defeated Florida 3-2
- Ottawa defeated Montreal 3-0
- Chicago defeated Columbus 4-1
- Arizona defeated Vancouver 4-1 at Prospera Place at Kelowna, British Columbia
- Anaheim defeated Los Angeles 3-0
There are four preseason contests today…
- Nashville visits Carolina
- St. Louis visits Washington
- Colorado visits Dallas
- San Jose visits Vegas
In NHL news…
New Jersey Devils goalie Cory Schneider will miss the season opener due to offseason hip surgery, when the Devils take on the Edmonton Oilers in the NHL Global Series game in Scandnavium, Gothenburg, Sweden Saturday, October 6.
Cory Schneider extremely happy with his progress from hip surgery, and so is John Hynes, but Devils confirm that he will not play in Europe this week and will miss the season opener. No surprise. pic.twitter.com/IWCgzUqtn6
— Steve Cangialosi (@CangyManMSG) September 30, 2018
New Jersey’s Nico Hischier returned home to Sweden to prepare for the Devils final preseason game on Monday. New Jersey takes on SC Bern at PostFinance Arena in Bern, Switzerland, also a match-up for the NHL’s Global Series Challenge.
On Monday, the New York Islanders will officially unveil their new alternate jerseys.
— Brian Compton (@BComptonNHL) September 30, 2018