NHL News and Notes from Monday, November 7th, 2022
- The NHL announced that Dallas Stars forward Jason Robertson has been named First Star of the Week.
- Nathan MacKinnon (COL) and Erik Karlsson (SJ) would round out the rest of the Three Stars.
- NHL Stars of the Week – Robertson Powers His Way to Top Honors
- Calgary Flames v. New York Islanders – 7p ET
- On Long Island the New York Islanders would play host to the Calgary Flames, and in the first period Sebastian Aho would score for the Isles, but tallies from Mikael Backlund and Elias Lindholm would give the Flames the 2-1 lead. In the second period Backlund would net his second of the game to grow the Flames lead to two. Then in the third period Anders Lee and Kyle Palmieri would score to tie the game at three for the Isles to force overtime. In the extra frame Noah Dobson would score to give the Islanders the 4-3 victory over the Flames.
- St. Louis Blues v. Boston Bruins** – 7p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would unleash the Pooh Bear awith their Reverse Retro 2.0 jerseys as they played host to the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Jake DeBrusk would score to give the B’s the 1-0 lead. In the second period Brayden Schenn would strike for the Blues to tie the game. Then in the third period Patrice Bergeron and Trent Frederic would score to give the Bruins the 3-1 victory over the Blues.
- ** Boston Bruins wore the Reverse Retro 2.0 jersey, while the St. Louis Blues wore their Home jersey.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Washington Capitals – 8p ET
- In Washington the Capitals would play host to the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Dylan Strome would score to give the Caps the 1-0 lead. In the second period Strome would net his second of the game to grow their lead to two, but Connor McDavid would dazzle his way on to the scoresheet and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would score to get the Oilers on the board, but powerplay goals from Evgeny Kuznetsov and Alex Ovechkin would give the Caps the 4-2 lead. Then in the third period Leon Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins would score for the Oilers, but Kuznetsov would net his second of the game to give the Capitals the 5-4 victory over the Oilers.
- ARI v. BUF – 7p ET
- CAL v. NJ – 7p ET
- NYI v. NYR – 7p ET
- STL v. PHI – 7p ET
- VAN v. OTT – 7p ET
- VGK v. TOR – 7p ET
- MON v. DET – 7p ET
- EDM v. TB – 730p ET
- DAL v. WIN – 8p ET
- NAS v. SEA – 10p ET
- MIN v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Family of Mitchell Miller’s victim: Bruins ‘could have talked to us,’ avoided causing pain that ‘should never have happened’ (The Athletic – $)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.